Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wedding at the beach

What happened to the week??  Before I knew it, Victoria announced that it is Thursday.  So I am sorry for such a late blog, but I promise I was eating well those extra two days!  Victoria and I attended the Women's Wedding Network luncheon yesterday and the Farm at Broad Run.  Their outdoor pavilion is just gorgeous.  I am afraid to bring my husband out there, because once he sees their outdoor kitchen, I can just see the wheels turning around in his head as to how to make our backyard just like it!  Lunch was fabulous, we ate local foods catered by A La Carte Catering.  I really enjoyed their corn relish and their bruscetta was outstanding.  Go visit a farmer's market this weekend and pick up some fresh veggies.

I am dreaming of my vacation at the beach next week, so I think this next cake is just what I need to get me through the rest of the week.  This cake was for a bridal shower a few months ago.  They were having a beach themed shower, so the maid of honor brought in the invitation for inspiration.  The blue was so warm and inviting and the white designs just sparkled.  The maid of honor wanted to incorporate some tropical orchids, and left the rest up to us.  We decided to ice the cake in that lovely blue so that the white orchids would stand out.  After putting on the orchids, we decided they needed a little sparkle.  So we brushed them with an edible white glitter.  We added a few fondant seashells around the bottom of the cake to tie in the theme, but we thought it was missing a little something.  Eureka!  Two starfish, to represent the bride and groom, would be the perfect compliment to the cake.  Once those were on, the cake looked beautiful.  We finished it off with Congratulations Kelly and her special date, 9/18/11.

Come cool off with us in Manassas or Centreville.  We just made some death by chocolate cake pops, and they are good!  Come in through Sunday, August 7 and mention the blog for a complimentary cake pop.  I will try to get online at the beach next Tuesday, but if the waves keep beckoning me, I'll be back the week after with a new tale.  I also welcome any photos of cakes we have done in the past that you would like for me to highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment