Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hey, Hokies!

Adventures of the Wu Girls at Cakes by Happy Eatery Post 2!



I am sure all you Hokie fans out there will enjoy this next blog.  Our
staff is like family, so when they need a cake, they let us have some fun!
 Last June one of our staff members graduated from Virginia Tech.  Jessica
is such a Hokie fan that she bought a VT-shaped cake pan for us to make
lots of graduation cakes.  So we couldn’t disappoint her for her big
graduation party.  She picked out the flavors and left the rest to us.
Now Victoria was holding down the Manassas kitchen for Jessica’s
graduation, and left the design up to me.  From my many years of living
with a big Hokie fan, my husband Ray, I knew the pressure was on to make a
fantastic cake.  I knew we had to make a cake in the VT pan Jessica gave
us, but what next??  Then it came to me, every Hokie knows their mascot,
so I decided to put on the Hokie bird with a graduation cap to mark this
occasion.
When I delivered the cake to the party and lifted the lid for Jessica, Ray
and Victoria, a big smile spread across their faces.  We were proud of our
Hokie graduate, and the one on the cake too!
Visit us next Tuesday for some more tales and good times.  Victoria should
be fully recovered from her jet lag after her trip to South Africa on
safari without any lion marks!  In the mean time, you can find us at
http://www.cakesbyhappyeatery.com/.
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment